Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Take Care

The last few weeks have been especially trying for me...especially emotionally EXHAUSTING. I've lacked the closure necessary to allow one to move on, and, in that....remained in open-wound mode.

I'm usually very resilient, but...for some odd reason, that
knee-jerk, kick-back reaction hasn't....REACTED into place...
I haven't been able to bounce back...

So...3 weeks it has been...this friday makes a solid four. And, i feel that
I finally have a coping mechanism...a tool that will allow me to make sense of
the whirlwind of emotions i'm swirling in.

And that is Take Care. 21 tracks of amazing Drake goodness, as i had waited for the So Far Gone mixtape in Feb 2009, and Thank Me Late in June 2010...i waited anxiously for Take Care, in its Nov. 2011 release date. I specifically did not listen to the album when it leaked the weekend prior to official release.

I wanted to hear it in all if its uncut and uncensored glory. I didn't want to ruin the pureness of the moment, of that first listen i get...to all his songs
the introduction i get to all his lyrics...the web of words i'm drawn into
so eloquently
the beats that course throughout my body.

His music heals me..his words soothe me...his lyrics intrigue me
I retreat into a world that is Drake
where its nothing but...
his voice in my earphones
his singing to my ears
his words to my heart...

"Get it understood yeah, it's all good yeah
Girl I know it's real cause I've been around it
You only want whats real you just never found it
Don't give them no more chances, Oh girl they had there turn
Everything for a reason, There's things you had to learn from them
But when I get you to myself
You know what's going down, what's going down" - Drizzy- Practice, Take Care

No comments:

Post a Comment