Tuesday, June 26, 2012

My time to shine....

I have been told that i should....and asked if i would....write more....

As a writer, these compliments are immense. Life-changing, really. The love, support and appreciation that i have received over these past few weeks, has served to cultivate me more as a writer.

Has made me want to excel even more...and concoct such amazingly complex imagery and advanced articulation for my readers. To weave stories and scenarios, vividly throughout their brain.

To have a voice...a voice that you feel needs to be heard. And to vocalize your thoughts...in parameters, and prose, with precise placement...and then to have your voice appreciated and supported..... gloriousness. Sheer joy and elation.                                      {and i thank you}

Because that gives purpose to my journey....it gives meaning to the stories i have to tell and the words i have to say. It gives me a platform to explore who i am as a writer, and allows me to solidify my craft.

 I've always had words to say. I've always had a way with words.

A love affair, really. I'm obsessed with verbiage, articulation, and diction. To me....the more specific and fitting word choice you can employ, the more relatable and vivid you can make your writing...your imagery.

Because, really....what i do... is i paint a picture for you with my words...and you, as my reader...can follow along where i take you, and experience what i'm feeling at that very moment. That's the beauty of reading. Of reading and learning and cultivating your mind. I am this smart partly because i read A LOT growing up! Like, a book a day, total and complete book worm...biggest nerd EVER. But it gave me a worldly understanding of things. Then being a Literature major @ FSU, i had to learn about all different time periods, genres and styles of writing. So, needless to say...i am a HUGE advocate for reading, learning and constantly yearning to know MORE.

At this point, i'm not sure what my point originally was, but i know i intended on writing this blog as a thank you. To those people who've supported me and shared their thoughts in a respectful and appreciative manner. For you guys, i'm thankful. 

1 comment:

  1. I read constantly too. And I love the way you're able to express yourself through your writing.

    ReplyDelete