Monday, April 11, 2011

F is for Fortitude

I have to give credit to my daddy on this one.... ;)

I was explaining to him my blog a few days ago, the day when i should have originally written my 'F' blog, but was unable. So, i queried as we ended our conversation a good, solid 'F' word....and he suggested "fortitude". To be honest, i did not know off the top of my head what it meant....so when i just looked up the definition, i had to smile to myself...

–noun
mental and emotional strength in facing difficulty, adversity,danger, or temptation courageously:
Never once did her fortitude waver during that long illness.

thus, i have decided....i really like this word! Fortitude is a great virtue to exhibit on top of a solid foundation....it means steadfastness through adversity....unwavering strength and resilience. It personifies the mindset of a winner. Duh.

I know my dad pretty well....he and i are one in the same. Much like my mom and my brother are cut from the same cloth...it's funny how we all relate to each other. But, i have no doubt that my dad chose that 'f' word because he believes i've demonstrated it through this house-buying process. It's been a long road, and a hard-learned lesson. It's invoked emotions in me i didnt know were there...up and down...roller coaster, round and round. It's almost over. I can see the light. Gleaming.
Far off in the distance, but it's there....oh it's there.
And there is no doubt in my mind that this victory/reward will be well-worth the journey, trials and tribulations.

The night i close on my house, and close a day as a 'homeowner', i will write a blog. It will be called, home sweet home. To never be personified better than it will be at that moment, on THAT day. As i hold the keys...and start the next chapter. For real.

I'm ready.

1 comment: