Sunday, April 3, 2011

Throwback...

i dont back down... (originally written 11/8/2009)

toe to toe
nose to nose
i stare straight into its soul....

fingers clenched, knuckles white
im not gonna go without a fight.

shoulders broad, back up straight
head faced forward, eyes direct.

this is it....this is what makes you
that which breaks you....
but enables you to replace you

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

every hardship
every heartache
has taken its toll on me

tried to overtake me
tried to truly break me...

but i never let it succeed.

i faced it head on,
standing strong

stood up to the emotions
and let them surround me,

swirl around me and engulf me

let them linger, let them seep
into my pores and
permeate me...

no coat of armor,
no army of friends,
no fillers for the space
that happened to be free...

just ME, standing strong
i face it all head on.

i feel each emotion,
and embrace it in my core

cry every tear and feel
all the sadness

cause it only makes me strong.

feel the raw emotion
from my head to my toe
in my heart and in my soul....

let it consume me
get lost in it
BUT...only for a minute.

because then its gone,
its had its time,
its left its mark
its time to move along!

ill stare down the beast
look him straight in the eye
and stand strong!

become victorious over my emotions
and gain strength through it all.

ill face it all head-on
because i dont back down.

No comments:

Post a Comment